Death of stuntman Arsha Aqdasi, organs donated to save lives

TEHRAN – Iranian stuntman Arsha Aqdasi died in a Beirut hospital on Wednesday after medics tried for a week to save him from injuries he sustained in a car crash while filming a film project in the Lebanese capital. He was 39 years old.

Based on his last will and will, his organs will be donated to save lives before his remains are transported to Tehran, Persian media reported.

Working for Indian director Siddharth Anand’s new project “Bang Bang”, he broke his neck on July 28 when a car he was in overturned. He was placed in an induced coma by doctors to prepare him for surgery. However, his injuries caused a disorder in the cerebral circulation system and ultimately led to his death on Wednesday evening.

Born in Tehran in 1982, he learned aikido and became a trainer of this modern Japanese martial art.

In 2005 he won a physical education scholarship at an Italian university. However, he changed his plans just days before leaving his hometown for Italy after discovering an ad announcing a stunt training course offered by famous Iranian stuntman Payman Abadi, who was also killed in 2009 while filming. of a scene for the TV action movie “Invisible Eyes”.

Aqdasi stayed in Iran to become a skilled stuntman, who worked in over 50 screen and stage projects and set new records in stunts, one of which did three somersaults with a car in the air. .

He has also collaborated on many international projects including the James Bond 2012 adventure “Skyfall”.

He also founded Stunt 13, a major studio for Iranian stuntmen.

In interviews with Persian media, Aqdasi said he had a phobia of speed and height, but could communicate with them, however, he called death a “pleasant experience” that can happen. once.

In January 2019, he and a group of his Iranian colleagues gathered at a meeting in Tehran to call on organizers of Iranian film festivals and events to recognize them as an active group in the film industry.

He also announced his intention to organize a festival for Iranian stuntmen. The first edition of the festival was scheduled to open on May 7, 2019, but the plan was never implemented.

He lamented that stuntmen have so far been ignored at the Oscars and said only three festivals in Russia, America and Hong Kong are reserved for stuntmen.

Photo: Iranian stuntman Arsha Aqdasi in an undated photo.

MMS / YAW

About Pamela Boon

Check Also

Mumbai Rewind: Moghul Masjid, a testament to Bombay’s Iranian connection

The recent decision by ports and the Adani Special Economic Zone (APSEZ) that they will …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *